And He said to them all, If any man will come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
Then He said to them all: “If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me.
And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also].
And He was saying to all, Assuming that anyone desires to come after Me as a follower of Mine, let him disregard his own interests, and let him at once and once for all pick up and carry his cross day after day, and let him take the same road with Me that I take as a habit of life.
Then He spoke to them all: “If anyone wants to follow in My footsteps, he must give up all right to himself, carry his cross every day and keep close behind Me.
Then He said to them all, “If anyone chooses to be my disciple, he must say ‘No’ to himself, put the cross on his shoulders daily, and continue to follow Me.
- No cross references or parallel passage have been cited for this verse.
- The American Blunders - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The Europeans have long congratulated themselves for discovering the souls basement and have long considered Americans as superficial and naïve for not having much soul - or basement! But Jesus and the Bible warned mankind of the dangers of the soul long before there ever was an America – or a Europe!
- The Angels’ Footpath: A Review - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Let the reader beware! This other-wise very well written piece of futuristic fiction, as gripping as its drama may be and as realistic as its scenarios may well prove to be, is a departure from “the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”
- Answers to Questions About Churchianity vs. the Church - Jim Baumgaertel/Neil Girrard Jim Baumgaertel asks all the right questions and Neil Girrard gives the answers which God has revealed to him.
- The Basis of Unity - Neil Girrard The basis of our unity today is not to be found anywhere else but in Christ.
- The Bread of Life - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus said He was the bread of life. What did He mean by that?
- 5. The Christian Life in a United Church - Part 2; The Unfinished Reformation - An Analysis - Neil Girrard We now return to the floor-tilting quotes we laid on the table in the previous section.
- A Disciple; The End Time Men - W.W. Fischer A born-again, baptized-with-the-Holy-Spirit Christian who gives up his right to himself is so alien to most contemporary Christians because the apostasy of the present hour has clouded and negated any knowledge, or living examples, of this type of dedication to God.
- The Do Nothing Gospel; - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some are teaching that any work whatsoever is “self-effort” so as to be saved or a return to law as a way to earn one’s salvation. But is this so?
- Faith Alone? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The entire “faith alone” concept is overly simplistic, unbalanced, skewed and distorted. What is the truth?
- The Final Reformation - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is believed by some that we are standing at the front of the “last reformation.” What’s that all about?
- Follow Me - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Jesus makes it abundantly clear what it takes to gain eternal life.
- God-Given Assets - Neil Girrard Seekers of financial freedom very often use other people for their own gain and then speak openly of their “God-given assets.”
- God In Our Own Likeness - Neil Girrard Re-inventing God has devastating consequences upon our lives, now and in eternity.
- God the Judge of All - Neil Girrard The New Testament clearly says that God is to be the Judge of all men – so why does the “church” teach exemption from judgment for their attendees? And just what are the standards by which we shall all be judged?
- Going It Alone - Neil Girrard At “church” we were direly warned of going off alone in our Christianity – but are these warnings true?
- Hijacked! - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) We do not normally associate the term “hijacked” with the New Testament yet this is precisely what has happened and is happening.
- In the Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) The parable of the wheat and the tares holds a unique place in the New Testament.
- Loving Truth; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard There may be no more important attitude than the love of truth for those who will be alive at the end of the age when Christ returns.
- Maturing in Christ: Advice to New - and Old - Believers - Neil Girrard The path to spiritual maturity is not just a walk up an aisle or even an overnight journey. There are many things we need to observe in our spiritual journey toward God to be certain we don’t get off the path that leads to life.
- The Meaning of Life - Neil Girrard The question of the meaning of one’s life has many far-reaching implications.
- Misusing Wealth; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard Man’s fallen nature gives him a virtually unshakable allegiance to social standards that are based, not on a divine perspective nor even on valuing honest work, but on the belief that real achievement consists in imitating and emulating the wealthy leisure class.
- The Parable of the Wise and Foolish Wedding Maids - Neil Girrard Centuries of foolish and even demonic paradigms have distorted the clear meaning behind Jesus’ words in this parable.
- The Perfect Church - Neil Girrard All those who subscribe to the “church” paradigm believe they have their hands on the whole counsel of God - yet, it is precisely this blind grip on partial truths that gives the “church” paradigm its lethal power over those who believe in it.
- A Picture of the Kingdom - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) When Jesus was transfigured on the mountain, He showed His glory to His disciples – and left us a detailed “snapshot” of what His kingdom would be like after His death and before His return.
- The Right and Only Way - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Is there such a thing as the right and only way – what is it?
- The Rulers of the Darkness of This Age; Lords of Darkness - Neil Girrard To see how Jesus dealt with these lords of darkness, we must turn to John’s account of Jesus’ encounter with some Jews who asked Him who He was.
- Salvation by Grace - How It Works - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) A modern-day parable about being truly saved.
- So You Think You’re a Christian; Neil Girrard What it means to be “saved.”
- Spectator Sport - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) In the face of the many multiplied thousands of “churches” proliferating around the world, the world grows swiftly darker and more evil. Are God’s methods actually ineffective and impotent?
- Surrender - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some object to the use of the word “surrender” in our relationship with God. Why would they do that?
- Tags Come Second - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Some people want to believe that “denominational tags” are permissible and harmless and even irrelevant. Really?
- Three Lies - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Three lies currently in vogue in various “Christian” circles, at first, seem to be unrelated to one another but in reality share very similar roots.
- Too Deeply - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Many Christian leaders today act as if exhortation is offensive and that the philosophy of offending anyone does not come from the Bible.
- Triumphant Overcoming - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) If there is one word that has fallen from common usage in “Christian” circles, it would be the need to overcome.
- Whose Slave Are You? - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) It is an inescapable fact that we are the slave of whomever we choose to obey – and our only two choices are sin or God.
- Why Now? - Neil Girrard Why is God revealing the differences between “church” and ekklesia now?
- The Wiles of the Devil - Neil Girrard - ( in Adobe/pdf format ) Any soldier intending to survive the day’s battle needs to know what weapons his enemy is using and how to counter those weapons.